What are tetanus, diphtheria,
- Tetanus (lockjaw)ts a serious disease that causes painful muscle tightening and stiffness, usually all over the body.
- Diphtheria is. a serious disease that can cause a t hick coating to form in the back of the throat leading t o breathing problems, paralysis, and death.
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) is a serious disease that causes severe coughing spells leading to difficulty breathing, vomiting, and trouble sleeping.
How do you get tetanus,
diphtheria, and pertussis?
Bacteria cause these diseases. Diphtheria and pertussis are spread from person to person through secretions from coughing or sneezing. Tetanus enters t he body through cuts, scratches, or wounds.
Why get vaccinated?
Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis are very serious diseases that can be prevented through vaccination.
What do you need to know about the
tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis
How can you learn more?
- Please feel free to speak with one of our pharmacists
- Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevent ion (CDC):
o Call 1-800-232-4636 (1-800-CDC-INFO) or
o Visit CDC’s website at http://www.cdc.gov